A contract for difference (CFD) is essentially an ‘agreement’ or contract between the trader and their broker to exchange the difference between the opening and closing prices at the end of a trade. CFDs are instruments that allow traders to access the full value of a trade by only putting down a deposit.
In this IG sponsored masterclass on CFDs, Just One Lap founder and Businessday TV presenter Simon Brown details the specifics of how CFDs work, how to use them, the benefits of including them in your portfolio and what specific risks to look out for.
By the end of these 12 video lessons, you will confidently understand CFDs and their potential role in your trading and investment portfolio.
- With 12 lessons and 30 minutes worth of video content.
- Video lessons are short and to the point making learning easy, quick and efficient.
- What a CFD is and what they are used for.
- The difference between exposure and margin.
- We explain what is meant by gearing.
- Going long versus going short CFDs.
- How CFDs can be used to hedge your overall investment portfolio.
- The specific risks that relate to trading CFDs.
- Things to look out for when choosing a reputable CFD provider.
- How CFDs handle dividends.
- What guaranteed stops are.
- Understanding CFD costs.
- Lectures 12
- Quizzes 3
- Duration 0.5 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 69
- Assessments Yes
A CFD MASTERCLASS
- WHAT IS A CFD?
- WHAT ARE CFDs USED FOR?
- EXPOSURE AND MARGIN EXPLAINED
- THE CFD BASICS QUIZ
- GEARING EXPLAINED
- GOING LONG vs GOING SHORT
- USING CFDs TO GEAR OR HEDGE A PORTFOLIO
- THE GEARING QUIZ
- CFDs AND RISK
- CHOOSING A CFD PROVIDER
- CFDs AND DIVIDENDS
- WHAT ARE LIMITED-RISK ACCOUNTS?
- WHAT IS A GUARANTEED STOP LOSS?
- UNDERSTANDING CFD COSTS
- THE FINAL CFD QUIZ