Peet Serfontein, director at Phoenix Investment Analytics presents this 2 day in-depth course on Technical Analysis.
The course is designed to introduce a solid base of theoretical knowledge and give attendees the ability to practically apply what has been learnt in the real market. On completion of the course attendees will be able to successfully evaluate technical reports and charts using a methodology that is both structured and scientific.
WHO IS PEET? – There probably aren’t many people better to present such a course on financial market analysis with his 21 years of market experience and with the FINANCIAL MAIL rating him NUMBER 1 at the Top Institutional Awards in Technical Analysis for 4 consecutive years. Click Here to learn more.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND? – Individual investors, traders, IT developers, Middle & back office financial staff, Private & personal bankers, structured and corporate finance professionals.
- THE DIFFERENT ASSET CLASSES
- WHAT IS FUNDAMENTAL, TECHNICAL AND QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS.
- TECHNICAL ANALYSIS AND THE BEST METHODOLOGIES.
- PSYCHOLOGY IN TRADING.
- Understanding your own psychology.
- Herd mentality and socio-economics.
- THE ASPECT OF PRICE.
- The open, high, low and closing prices.
- Variants to open, high, low and closing prices.
- Different types of charts.
- THE CONCEPT OF START & ENDING, TOO HIGH & TOO LOW.
- How long is a piece of string
- THE CONCEPT OF TREND AND TREND DIRECTION.
- Why trend is so important.
- How to now when the trend has changed.
- The 3 positions in trading.
- Understanding the concept of short selling.
- UNDERSTANDING TIME HORIZONS.
- Intra-day, daily, weekly & monthly.
- THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TRADING & INVESTING
- Keep to your time horizon.
- INDICATORS & THE DIFFERENT CATEGORIES
- Trend indicators.
- Volatility indicators.
- Momentum indicators.
- Cycle indicators.
- Support & resistance indicators.
- Technical patterns.
- Japanese candlesticks & beyond.
- UNDERSTANDING TECHNICAL CONFIRMATIONS
- CHAOS THEORY
- Importance of trend, momentum & cycles.
- MONEY & RISK MANAGEMENT
- What is Capital at Risk (CaR)?
- Developing a strategy and discipline.
- When to initiate a trade.
- How big do I trade?
- Stop losses, target prices and time exits.
- TRADING TIPS & BEYOND
- What to do when.
- What to ignore.
- PRACTICAL EXAMPLES