GETTING STARTED IN TRADING
THIS IS THE BIG ALL IN ONE WORKSHOP! This entry level workshop is designed to take the novice trader through what is required to get started in the world of trading and will give you the tools to keep you out of trouble. We thoroughly cover a broad range topics that all traders need to know including things like the basics of trading, understanding which markets to trade, how to manage risk, how to manage your trading account, reading charts, putting a trading plan together and many other topics…..
Interspersed throughout the workshop are both quizzes as well as platform training, so that by the time you complete this workshop you are completely ready to go.
- With 59 lessons and over 3 hours of video content.
- Video lessons are short and to the point making learning easy, quick and efficient.
- We close off each section with a quiz ensuring that you thoroughly understand the topics covered.
- Included throughout the workshop is platform training, so the the trader understands the tools they are using
- We look at having realistic trading expectations and market basics.
- Understand how the various asset classes work, such as SHARES, FX, INDICES, COMMODITIES….etc..
- Risk management is the single most important aspect in successful trading and we focus heavily on this.
- Learn how to pick a broker that suits your needs and trading requirements.
- We dive into charting and how to use technical analysis.
- Understanding the global economy is highly important, and we teach you how to track the release of economic data.
- We then put all of this together and set out a trading plan for you to then go out and execute in the markets.
- Lectures 49
- Quizzes 16
- Duration 5 hours
- Skill level Novice
- Language English
- Students 388
- Assessments Yes
STEP 1 - CHOOSE AN INSTRUMENT THAT SUITS YOU.
- SHARES: AN INTRODUCTION
- SHARES: A LOOK AT DIVIDENDS
- SHARES: WHAT MAKES A SHARE PRICE MOVE?
- THE SHARES QUIZ
- FOREX: AN INTRODUCTION
- FOREX: PIPS AND CONTRACT SIZES
- FOREX: MARGIN, LEVERAGE AND SPREAD
- THE FOREX QUIZ
- COMMODITIES: AN INTRODUCTION
- COMMODITIES: WHY FUTURES CONTRACTS?
- COMMODITIES: WHAT DRIVES PRICES?
- THE COMMODITIES QUIZ
- INDICES: AN INTRODUCTION
- INDICES: HOW AN INDEX IS PUT TOGETHER
- INDICES: TRADING AN INDEX
- THE INDEX QUIZ
STEP 2 - RISK MANAGEMENT
- WHY IS MANAGING RISK IMPORTANT?
- HOW MUCH TO ALLOCATE TO TRADING
- HOW MUCH TO RISK PER TRADE
- THE UNDERSTANDING RISK QUIZ
- THE MATHS THAT KILLS TRADING ACCOUNTS
- CONTROL YOUR RISK WITH STOPS
- CALCULATING POSITION SIZE
- THE CONTROLLING RISK QUIZ
- “SLIPPAGE” WHAT IS IT?
- THE RISK/REWARD RATIO
- MANAGING YOUR TRADING PERFORMANCE
- THE MANAGING RISK QUIZ
STEP 3 - CHOOSING A BROKER
STEP 4 - INTRODUCTION TO TECHNICAL ANALYSIS
- WHAT IS TECHNICAL ANALYSIS?
- INTRODUCTION TO CHARTS
- DIFFERENT CHART STYLES
- HELLO TECHNICAL ANALYSIS QUIZ
- THE 3 PILLARS OF TECHNICAL ANALYSIS
- WHY THE TREND IS YOUR FRIEND
- HOW TO DETERMINE TREND
- THE FRIENDLY TREND QUIZ
- DRAWING AND USING LINES
- WHAT IS SUPPORT AND RESISTANCE?
- CONSOLIDATIONS TELL US THINGS
- CONTINUATION CHART PATTERNS
- REVERSAL CHART PATTERNS
- THE PRICE PATTERN QUIZ
- INTRODUCTION TO INDICATORS
- DETERMINE TREND: MOVING AVERAGES
- DETERMINE MOMENTUM: RELATIVE STRENGTH INDEX (RSI)
- DETERMINE VOLATILITY: AVERAGE TRUE RANGE (ATR)
- USE VOLUME FOR CONFIRMATION
- THE INDICATOR QUIZ
STEP 5 - ECONOMIC CALENDARS
STEP 6 - BUILDING A TRADING PLAN